How Much Is a Snapchat Geofilter for Wedding? This can vary depending on the variation of the geofilter. Keep reading the article for further information regarding this.
Snapchat, being a popular social media platform, never seems to fail when it comes to introducing catchy features. And Geofilter is another one, it is of course as the name suggests, a filter that can go on top of the picture for Snaps. What makes Geofilters exciting is that a certain filter is only available in a certain location for a certain time frame. This means to have access to that filter you need to be in that location within the set time frame.
Geofilters are customizable for a range of occasions including weddings. Meaning you can have your customized filter for your wedding day to use in Snapchat! Yes, it is fun. Later in this article, we talk about what is the pricing for these filters, how you can create and use Geofilter for weddings. Let's dive in.
So, How Much Is a Snapchat Geofilter for Weddings?
Well, there are two types of Geofilters. One is Community Geofilters and On-demand Geofilters. Community Geofilters are available in every country and are free to submit. But if you want to personalize your wedding Geofilters it is under the On-demand Geofilter category. You need to pay a certain fee to submit the filter to get it approved, for you to be able to use it.
This fee depends on-
- The size of the area in which the filter is accessible
- The duration that your Geofilter runs
At a minimum, Snapchat charges 5.99$. As the size of the area, it covers gets larger and the longer the filter runs, the more Snapchat will charge. To mention, this On-demand Geofilter feature is not available all over the world but some selected ones.
How to Create a Snapchat Geofilter for Weddings?
Geofilters can be customized both on the app and also on the website. Though when Snapchat first introduced Geofilters, it could only be created on desktop computers. But now the scene has changed. To make the feature more user-friendly, Geofilters can be created on the app as well. We will share both ways here.
How to Create Filter on the App
- Of course, open the Snapchat app on your phone.
- Tap the icon of your profile on the upper left corner of the screen.
- From the profile page, click on the gear icon on the upper right corner to go to the settings.
- Once you are on the settings page, scroll down to find the option "Filters & Lenses". Tap on that. In case of androids, it will be the option "On-Demand Geofilters"
- You will see a "Get Started" bar. Tap on it.
- To create your wedding Geofilter go to the "Filter" option.
- From the list of occasions, choose a category. In this case, you may choose "Weddings".
- Then Snapchat will show you various templates related to "Weddings". From there choose one to start with and customise it with your name, dates, sticker, bitmojis and others.
- When you are done creating your filter, click on the green colored checkmark on the lower right of the screen. Then set the activation time frame for your filter. While creating your filter, keep in mind that the design needs to fit the submission guidelines and community guidelines of the app.
- Tap continue and choose the area you want the filter to be available by drawing a border which is known as geofence. The price will increase with the size of the area.
- After that, you submit and wait 1-2 business days for the approval by Snapchat. Once it's approved, tap on it from "Filters & Lenses". It will take you to the final purchase screen, where you can tap "Purchase" to buy your Geofilter. You'll pay for it through either Google Play or the App Store.
How to Create Filter on the Website
Though this is not as user-friendly as the app, it has more opportunities to offer when it comes to customization.
- Head to Snapchat's create your own page to start the process.
- Tap on "Create Your Geofilters". From there choose "Personal Geofilters" in order to make geofilters for your wedding.
- You will have two options then. You can either choose to upload your own design if you have already created one using Photoshop, Canva etc. or use the website to create a design. If you upload your own design,keep in mind, your design needs to be a PNG file that is 1090px wide by 1920px tall, under 300KB, and have a transparent background. To design on the website, you can use the drop-down menu on the left side of the screen to select the occasion you’re celebrating, add your own text in different colors, fonts, and sizes, and more! Press "Next" once you have created your desired design.
- Then you need to choose the time frame when the filter is going to run. Press "Next".
- Now, select the location. One advantage while creating the border (also known as geofence) on the website is, you can choose it more precisely than the app. The app only allows you to make a triangular or a square, but on the website, you can make any odd shape to fit the area you want the filter to cover.
Completing this step will also give you the price of your custom Snapchat Geofilter, based on your dates, times, and desired location.
- On the next page, fill out the information required. Submit and wait for 1 or 2 days to get the approval from Snapchat.
After you have your filter live, don't forget to tell the guest about it so that they can access the filter.
Why Use Snapchat Geofilter for Weddings?
To simply have something personal in the big world of social media. Or it can be a tool to connect with your guests and involve them a bit more. As humans like to feel included, a personalized filter that you and your guests have access to can make the guests feel more invited and involved. Designing the filters around personal jokes or proposal stories leaves something in the Snap Memories to look back on and cherish.
In a wedding, where couples are free to personalize every single aspect of the wedding, customizing their wedding Snapchat filter gives a modern touch to the function. Hope this article has been helpful to inform you on the cost aspect and get you started.