Things You Need to Know Before Applying For an LDS Marriage License

Disclaimer: There are affiliate links in this post. At no cost to you, I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.

If you're planning to get married in the Mormon faith, there are a few things you need to know before applying for an LDS marriage license. First, you must have a Serological test before you can apply for a marriage license. Then, you must go to the county clerk's office to apply for your marriage license. There, you'll need to provide your Social Security Number, full name, and the states and countries in which both of your parents were born.

Serological tests are required for lds marriage license

Before a marriage license can be issued, it must be accompanied by a blood test for venereal diseases. This is a requirement in nearly every state in the country. In California, the test must be completed by a licensed physician, and results may take anywhere from three to seven days. If the test is not taken in California, it is acceptable to obtain it from another state as long as it was completed within 30 days prior to marriage license application.

Civil ceremony

Before planning a civil ceremony, it's important to first obtain a marriage license. Each state has its own rules for this. The process of getting a marriage license for a civil ceremony is similar to getting married in a religious setting, but there are some differences as well. Some states have waiting periods for civil ceremonies and may have certain requirements, such as age restrictions and witnesses.

A civil ceremony must be performed in a location that allows public viewing. Not all cities and counties allow public ceremonies. Depending on the state, a civil ceremony must be performed by a legal official. This could be a justice of the peace, county or court clerk, notary public, or judge or magistrate. Usually, this person can be found at city hall.

The advantages of a civil ceremony over a religious ceremony include lower costs. Many couples prefer it because they can have a civil ceremony without having to pay the fees associated with a religious ceremony. Furthermore, a civil ceremony allows for a more creative and flexible ceremony. A civil ceremony can also take place in an outdoor location, which is not always an option for religious ceremonies.

To perform a civil ceremony, you must bring the necessary documents and attend an officiant's office. A priest, pastor, or notary public can perform the ceremony. After the ceremony, you and your witnesses can drop off or mail your license to the county clerk's office for recording. Once the ceremony has been recorded, you will receive a certified copy of the marriage license. If you are planning a civil ceremony, you should provide a copy of your passport with your date of birth and name. It's important to note that green cards do not meet this requirement.

After a civil ceremony, the officiant and witnesses must return the marriage license within five days. This is a legal requirement for marriages in New York State. This law also requires that you provide proof of military status before you can marry. If you can meet these requirements, you can then move on to the next step in your marriage. But remember that if you're planning a civil ceremony in a New York state court, the office of the city or town clerk can help you get a marriage license.

You may also consider using a friend to conduct the ceremony. In some states, this can be a convenient way to have the wedding without the hassle of a formal ceremony. In New York, if your friend or family member is already ordained, he or she can perform the ceremony.

Once you have completed the process, the clerks' office will issue the Certificate of Marriage within one to two weeks. However, you may need to wait until the end of the month to receive it. You should consider using an interpreter if needed. You'll need to be able to sign the Marriage License with your full name.


Marriage licenses are the gold-plated ticket to marriage union. However, getting one is not cheap. Depending on your state of residence and the number of people involved, fees can vary greatly. Luckily, there are plenty of ways to save on this fee. This article discusses some of the ways to save money on marriage licenses.

First, you need to make sure you are of legal age to perform a marriage. You can use your driver's license, passport, or military ID to verify your age. If you are a registrant of a religious organization, you'll also need to show proof that you are duly ordained by the organization and are in regular communion with it. If you can show ordination papers or other evidence, the bond requirement is waived.

You can also choose to have an ordained minister perform the ceremony. The county clerk will require the minister to complete a marriage certificate and return it to the county clerk. If you want to have a wedding performed by a non-member, you'll need to pay an additional fee. These fees can add up very quickly, and you should contact your county clerk if you have any questions.

You can also get a certified copy of your marriage license from the state government for $10. This will require you to submit additional forms of identification, such as a current government ID. Then, you can have the certificate mailed to you or pick it up in person. You'll also be required to wait a day or two for the marriage license to be processed.

Another option is to hold a civil ceremony. While it is not as dignified as a religious ceremony, Latter-day Saints can perform such ceremonies in the church. They can also perform the ceremony in a chapel. The church Handbook contains rules and guidelines on how lay leaders must perform the ceremony.